ReviewsNo reviews yet
Mount Toubkal is the highest mountain in North Africa, at 4,167m. Climbing Mount Toubkal is a very rewarding experience. On this five days adventure, you’ll explore red city Marrakech, you’ll pass by several Amazigh villages and have the chance to talk with them and learn about their daily life, you’ll hike to the highest mountain in North Africa, you'll taste some of amazing Moroccan food and you’ll stay in authentic mountain gite and riad to experience Morocco traditional different housing style and culture.
Trip availability: From May to October
Fitness level: Advanced
Trip Start: Marrakech, Morocco, North of Africa
Trip End: Marrakech, Morocco, North of Africa
Time zone: GMT+1
Trip code: MTT
- 4 nights at Handpicked high-quality accommodation in Marrakech and Atlas Mountains
- Daily breakfast, 2 lunches and 4 dinners with vegetarian, vegan and plant-based options
- Hiking in Morocco Atlas Mountains and climbing to the summit of Mount Toubkal
- Private evening Food and Tasting tour in Marrakech
- Traditional Moroccan Hammam & Argan oiled relaxing massage
- Private comfortable transportation with A/C
- Mineral/drinking water included with all meals and on all bus rides
- Qualified English-speaking Mountain guide for 5 days
- Luggage services at all accommodations
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers in Marrakech in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Mules and muleteers to carry your luggage during the trek
- Berber Cook during the trek
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for tour leader, guides, hotels, restaurants and drivers
- Personal and trip Insurance
- Early and Late check out at hotels
- Soft and alcoholic Drinks with included lunches and dinners
- Visa services
- Sleeping bags
- Tips and personal expenses
- Optional Activities
Day 1 - Marrakech
Welcome to Morocco!
On arrival to Marrakech airport, you’ll be greeted by our Wild Travel representative and transferred to your boutique riad in Marrakech medina.
Your Morocco Trekking Adventure will start in evening with a welcome meeting with your Mountain tour leader to discuss and go through everything you need to know about this amazing trek before your adventure starts tomorrow.
Marrakech is a dazzling feast for the senses, this historic medina is ideally located between sea, mountains and desert. Marrakech medina is famous for its beautiful history, ancient culture, and inspiring spirituality.
Tonight, enjoy your first dining experience in Marrakech at gastronomic restaurant where you’ll enjoy traditional and classic Moroccan dishes like Couscous, Tagine and Pastilla.
- Welcome meeting
- Arrival airport transfer
- Welcome dinner at Moroccan gastronomic restaurant
Riad Sakkan or similar
Day 2 - Marrakech - Imlil 1740M – Toubkal Refuge 3207M
After breakfast at your riad, head to the Atlas Mountains and drive to the village of Imlil from where you’ll start an amazing trek to Toubkal summit. Heading along the Ait Mizane Valley, you’ll walk to Armed village where you’ll enjoy tea break at local mountain gite. You’ll then continue trekking east and cross the flood plains as the route takes you along mule tracks and up into the high rocky cliffs above the valley. Crossing the river, you’ll eventually come to the pastoral shrine of Sidi Chamarouch, which attracts tourists and pilgrims from far afield. Here you’ll have Berber tagine for lunch before you follow back the trail and continue to climb steadily, snaking and zigzagging your way up to the snowline and the Toukbal Refuge (3207m), your destination for the night where you will Enjoy warm dinner and rest before the big ascent day tomorrow.
- Tea break in Armed
- Berber Tagine for lunch
- Dinner at the Mountain refuge
- Guided trek of 6 hours
Day 3 – Toubkal Refuge 3207M – Toubkal Summit 4167M – Imlil 1740M
Today you’ll be up early and climbing Mt Toubkal (4,167m) which is considered the highest peak in North Africa. Once on the top of the summit which you’ll reach before midday , you’ll have wonderful views over the Atlas Range and the Sahara Desert. When you are ready, you’ll take a long way back down past the refuge for a well-deserved lunch before heading back on the same trail and road to Imlil for the night. On arrival to Imlil, you’ll enjoy a glass of wine or beer and dinner at your comfort local gite.
This is a fairly long day with 8-9 hours of trekking, involving 900m of ascent and then almost 2,500m back down to Imlil!
- Breakfast and lunch at Refuge
- Dinner at your local gite in Imlil
- Glass of wine or beer
- Guided trek of 8 – 9 hours
Riad Jnane Karma or similar
Day 4 – Marrakech
After breakfast and enjoying the beautiful views over the mountains, you’ll drive back to Marrakech where you’ll enjoy a well-deserve relaxing moment and experience the traditional Moroccan Hammam, this local bath ritual will allow you to clean your body, mind and soul, finished by Argan oiled relaxing massage.
This evening you’ll join your local guide for a private street food tour where you’ll get the chance to experience the authentic Moroccan food, from lamb kefta to harira soup, you’ll get the chance to eat like a local and sample specialties that many visitors miss from harira soup, Tanjia, Moroccan pancakes Mssemen, Sfanj to spiced Moroccan tea while walking through the ancient medina of Marrakech and capturing its magic at night.
- Traditional Moroccan Hammam
- Relaxing Massage with Argan oil
- Marrakech private foodie tour and dinner in Djemaa El Fna
Riad Sakkan or similar
Day 5 – Departure Day from Marrakech
Today enjoy your last morning in Morocco. With no activities planned for today, you are free to leave at any time. Check-out time is usually around midday, however, if you wish to spend more time in Marrakech or start a new adventure to Sahara Desert or Essaouira Coast side of Morocco, we are here to help.
Your airport transfer to Marrakech airport will be arranged.
- Private Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Moroccan Cooking Class with local Chef
- Sidecar ride
- Private Shopping tour
- Cycling Activity